Nwatson99

• AR15 Owner and Operator
Now I need some help with my error please.
My site map built, however I was unsure it did complete due to power and internet outages due to ice storms.
Now when the Sitemap Generator was interrupted I just stopped everything and once services was back, I just canceled out the previous session or at least I thought I did.
Now here is my problem, before I started the Sitemap Generator again, I deleted a punch of Topics and Posts from my forum that where useless, however I did not know the Generator was still working while I was removing the un-needed topics and posts and I came back with 1000 broken links and the majority of the broken links appear to be from the Topics and Posts I removed.

Question:
How do you get the Sitemap Generator to run again, thus changing and updating the Sitemaps and removing the majority of the broken link list, so I can concentrate on the links that are broken due to a major software upgrade I just performed on my site?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 01:19:53 AM by Nwatson99 »

Nwatson99

Re: New here with this sitemap stuff, but the software seems to be great
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2014, 02:40:47 AM »
Also another question where my site had multiple sitemaps, do you submit all of them to google webmaster tools or just the primary sitemap?

Nwatson99

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2014, 06:09:36 AM »
Well I have one more question, I set up to run updater with the cron job, now does it re-write the sitmaps removing the bad links and removed topics and posts, or will I need to start fresh with a new sitemap?
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2014, 08:01:11 AM »
Hello,

it is sufficient to submit main sitemap.xml file (it contains links to other sitemap parts)

Sitemap is created from the scratch each time.

Nwatson99

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2014, 08:16:23 AM »
Hello,

it is sufficient to submit main sitemap.xml file (it contains links to other sitemap parts)

Sitemap is created from the scratch each time.

Thank you very much

Nwatson99

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2014, 05:34:41 PM »
I did find another problem and do not understand why this happened, but the Generator is reporting these images as broken and they are clearly visible on the site and in the topic.
So I as wondering why this would show up as such?
[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

Nwatson99

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2014, 05:51:00 PM »
Yes sir here you go, there are many more looks like with images intact on the post, but yet a flag on the topic.
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2014, 02:37:04 PM »
Those links (when you click on attached images in that topic) are indeed showing "not found" error for me:
http://www.yourodmain.com/forums/1911-detail-strip-003jpg-image1459.html

>> Sorry, we could not locate the page you are requesting to view. Please click here to return to the community index

Nwatson99

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2014, 05:12:20 PM »
You know I clicked the links and bam they came up into a larger view like they were suppose to do, so then I went into every post through the edit button and the image link in the posts where totally different than the sitemap generator picked up.
Thanks for the time and help, I will just monitor and hopefully this will not be a major issue and when the generator runs again it will correct itself.