500 - Internal Server Error
« on: March 20, 2014, 05:15:43 PM »
I received the following error a few mins after starting the program:

500 - Internal server error.
There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

During the trial run, we did not encounter any issues, which is why we purchased this tool. I'm not sure what this error means and would appreciate any assistance in order to run the generator ... we are on a time-sensitive project and in desperate need to generate the site map.
Re: 500 - Internal Server Error
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2014, 04:12:35 PM »
Hello,

it looks like your server configuration doesn't allow to run the script long enough to create full sitemap. Please try to increase memory_limit and max_execution_time settings in php configuration at your host (php.ini file) or contact hosting support regarding this.

Re: 500 - Internal Server Error
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2014, 11:13:58 AM »
If you don't have sitemaps running yet this may help. My previous post from November 2012

After following the instructions numerous times and checking folders and files I kept getting Internal Server Error 500 - I thought I had just wasted $19.99

I checked the PHP software settings on my hosts server. I contacted them and was advised they would not adjust any memory or time-out settings.

After numerous adjustments to the folder/file settings this worked for me.

generator folder permissions set to 755

index.php file set to 744 and runcrawl.php set to 744

enter your domain name [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] in the address bar of your browser and you should see the xml.sitemaps standalone generator configuration

Hope this helps anyone else with getting the script to run.  :)