Empty sitemap.html
« on: January 15, 2007, 02:04:19 PM »
I've been using the free version but when I got more than 500 files I've just installed the paid version.

I ran the program at /MapGen/index.php?op=crawl    and clicked the run button. It took about a second to complete the operation, which I found very surprising.

When I clicked the sitemap.html link it showed me an almost empty page, with only two versions of the index file for the root directory.

That means that during that second or so, it had deleted my monster html sitemap from that URL and replaced it with an almost empty file. When I click on either of the versions of the home page I am taken correctly to the home page.

That seems to imply that
1. My URL for the sitemap.html file is correct in the setup
2. My setup for the root folder is correct

I would like to know why

1. 500 files have disappeared from the sitemap
2. it lists two versions of one file  [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]   and [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]  even though my .htaccess is set up always to use domain.info/  (the shortest of four URLs)

I suppose I'll have to run the free version now in case someone wants to visit the sitemap.html

Regards, Ian McAllister
Re: Empty sitemap.html
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 01:52:32 AM »
Hello,

does xml sitemap have more URLs though or is it the same as html one?
In case if you have redirect from www.domain.info to domain.info, you should specified domain.info as starting URL as well (without www).