ab

Sitemap Generator does not include all pages
« on: April 06, 2014, 12:33:22 PM »
Hi,

I am still having problems with standalone sitemap generator on our Joomla site. It only indexes a part of the pages and I can not find out why. If you take a look at [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] you will find 8 links to product pages but the generator only indexes the first three. Do you have any idea what this could be?

Best regards,
Axel
Re: Sitemap Generator does not include all pages
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 07:20:17 AM »
Hello,

could you please PM me your generator URL and an example URL that is not included in sitemap and how it can be reached starting from homepage?

ab

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 08:23:53 AM »
Hi,

I have sent you a PM, but meanwhile I found something else: it seems to have to do with the multi-language feature of Joomla. Our website is in two languages (dutch and german) and Sitemap generator only indexes a small part of the Dutch content, then it gets onto the German part and never goes back to the Dutch content. So the German content is completely indexed but the Dutch content only until Sitemap Generator finds the first German content page.

Any idea how to fix this?

Best regards,
Axel

ab

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2014, 08:32:20 AM »
P.S.: Even if I explicitly add a Dutch page as additional starting URL ([ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]) this page is not crawled nor indexed. Very strange.

ab

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2014, 11:24:17 AM »
The problem seems to be solved. The Dutch language was set as the default language which caused Joomla 2.5 to rewrite all the URL starting with www*comex*eu/NL to www*comex*eu (so taking away the 'NL'). This is why all sitemap generators (not only this one) were not able to crawl the site.
I now added a language that I do not use on the site and defined this as the default language in Joomla, so no rewriting happens on the NL-pages.
This is surely not a perfect solution but only a work-around - if somebody knows a better solution I appreciate a notice.
For the time being I hope somebody else is helped with what I found out.

Regards,
Axel
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 11:25:55 AM by ab »
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2014, 01:44:43 AM »
I am having a similiar issue(not all pages being included in sitemap), there are no language issues and simple php/bootstrap site just sent a PM