No longer listed with google?
« on: January 08, 2007, 01:37:09 PM »
I installed everything and it ran fine with about 20K of pages. Last week I was #1 in (vista wallpapers) search this week after installing this I am no longer listed at all. The Root URL is listed so I know Google knows I'm out there but they have dropped my site from other index's. My domain [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] is prime, I should be #1  like I was... Can someone whats going on?

Best
merri
Re: No longer listed with google?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2007, 01:01:49 AM »
Hello,

I see your site listed for the search query you specified.
On the other hand, you should not that sitemap does not affect how well the pages are ranked, it's purpose is to improve crawling of the site by search engine bots.

More details here: https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/docs/en/protocol.html
Using this protocol does not guarantee that your webpages will be included in search indexes. (Note that using this protocol will not influence the way your pages are ranked by Google.)
Re: No longer listed with google?
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2007, 02:46:27 AM »
A lot of my pages disappeared from Google's ranking as soon as I started using this software.  It may be a coincidence.  These pages are static pages but do not show up in the site map because they are date/expired "products", but until very recently they still ranked.  I am GUESSING Google will use the sitemap as a reference for content to index/show in their results.  If it isn't in the sitemap, it loses clout.  In my case for the most part this is not a big deal but if the page suddenly becomes active on my site again there will be a delay before ranking again which really isn't good for what my site does.

Like I said that is a guess and it may be coincidence.