SiteMap Stalls
« on: January 16, 2007, 10:45:12 PM »
Hello,

I have been running the sitemap program for over 3 days and am still in the SLOW progress of trying to complete a full site map.

I have configured the generator and followed all the install instructions, including file permssion settings. When I click on the crawling link, it shows me the run in back ground check box and the resume last session box. After I check both boxes, it tells me please wait. Sitemap generation in progress, with a BLANK middle screen.

I let it sit like this for hours, thinking that it's running in the background. After about 6 hours I refresh the screen and am back to the page with the "resume last session box" only this time I can see the number of pages has increased by about 20 to 60.

After 3 days I am finally up to the 4000 pages mark and only have another 1k or so to go. Still, this is unacceptable for a product that I paid for. In fact, I would expect a free one online to perform better.

Please assist.

Joshua Watson
[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]
Re: SiteMap Stalls
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2007, 12:40:14 AM »
Hello,

it looks like your server configuration doesn't allow to run the script long enough to create full sitemap. Please try to increase memory_limit and max_execution_time settings in php configuration at your host (php.ini file) or contact hosting support regarding this.