Large Website XML Sitemap Not Working
« on: August 20, 2014, 10:08:09 PM »
Hi there I am totally new to this so please bare with me.  I am trying to generate an xml sitemap for my online business directory [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] which has a LOT of pages. Unfortunately, the sitemap generator is not doing that at all. Can somebody please help as I have tried waiting and waiting for it to work but it just never does.

Is there something obvious that im doing wrong.

Thank you
Re: Large Website XML Sitemap Not Working
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 09:40:40 AM »
Hello,

it looks like your server configuration doesn't allow to run the script long enough to create full sitemap. Please try to increase memory_limit and max_execution_time settings in php configuration at your host (php.ini file) or contact hosting support regarding this.

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2014, 09:55:49 AM »
Hi

Thank you for your help.  The host provider have sent me the following yet I am still unable to create a sitemap.  Any thoughts or tips with my configuration??

"Hi Darren,

The memory limit and time-out limits have been raised for you now, please go ahead and give it another go."

Thanks!
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2014, 01:30:44 PM »
Hello,

please let me know your generator URL/login in private message to check this.
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2014, 08:18:39 AM »
Hi there

I do believe it is still going but it appears to be set to take another week to run.  Does this sound right? I have private messaged you my configuration screen, any advice/tips to make this complete quicker would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2014, 08:53:29 AM »
Even I am suffering with the same, I have 2000+ pages I have licensed xml-sitemap generator software. I am able to generator the file but cant upload the same...Please reply what to do??????

My site - [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]