Hey there,

I came to XML Sitemaps because someone had posted the info in the contributions section of the Oscommerce site. I have tried the free version and it finds the regular site pages, my forum pages (Simple Machines Forums), but it only finds a couple pages of my store pages. Those are pages that I've manually put the meta tags in...

Is this a limitation of Oscommerce, of the free XML Sitemaps?

What I'm really trying to accomplish is to get the product and category pages (of the Oscommerce store) to be included in the sitemap.

Any thoughts on this? Thanks for any help.
Re: Finding all site links except for those within Oscommerce store?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2007, 12:40:51 AM »
Hello,

make sure that your Oscommerce pages are not excluded in robots.txt and/or in <meta robots> tag. If that is not the case, please let us know your site URL via email contact@ourdomain
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2007, 01:19:01 AM »
Thanks for your reply...I have checked these things, an email with further info is on it's way:)
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2007, 12:23:04 AM »
Hi there,

I wonder if there was any further information on this? I haven't received a response to the email I sent with further info.

Thanks,

Adam
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2007, 02:19:28 AM »
Hello Adam,

I've replied to your email 3 days ago, possibly it was caught in your spam filter for some reason. Here it is:
as I see, your product pages in the store are linked as https://xxx, but secure http is not supported and all https links are ignored.
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2007, 02:44:21 AM »
Thanks for the reply, I apologize, I must've missed it in the spam folder. Hmmmm, I have an SSL installed, I'll have to figure out where to change that. If anyone here can offer some advice, that'd be great...I'm on the search for a solution...

Thanks again for letting me know what the problem was, I really appreciate it:)

Adam
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2007, 09:50:38 PM »
I thought I'd post back to let people know that I was able to get the Online Sitemap Generator to work with my osCommerce website.

The trouble was that all of my store pages were routed to HTTPS instead of HTTP. The Online Sitemap doesn't find pages behind HTTPS. Once I changed my osc store pages to be HTTP, the generator worked great!

Thanks to the mods here and at OSC for helping me to figure this out:)

Adam
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2008, 10:30:20 AM »
Hi
having the same problem (no sitemap for os comerce product pages) I've read your hints with interest.
Running your program I get this
Links depth: 2
Current page: de/usa_pacific_crest_trail/links.php?navid=322
Pages added to sitemap: 339
Pages scanned: 340 (44,291.6 Kb)
Pages left: 1302 (+ 651 queued for the next depth level)
Time passed: 3:31
Time left: 13:28
Memory usage: 2,918.3 Kb

The resulting sitemap contains pages outside of the online shop only.

???
The product URLs of my site have the following format
[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

All product URLs are created by an oscommerce extension creating not "symbolic" (URL with product specific paramters) but "real" URLs for each product with the purpose to be better found by search robots.

There are a few pages (e.g. Login and Checkout) using HTTPS, the products pages do not.

Your program delivers no sitemap at all when trying to create one for  all files residing in oscommerce, this means directory "catalog" and all its subdirectories.

Config file used for sitemap creation can be found here:

Log files created during sitemap creation can be found here:

Any ideas what I can do to get the full sitemap for my more than 1'800 products?

Any tip is highly appreciated  :)
Rudi
« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 10:52:24 AM by info458 »