Constant crashes - not a happy person !
« on: December 06, 2014, 02:00:40 PM »
Ok, so I brought the program as the free version only allowed 500 pages.
Every time I have run it, I get so far, and then crashes, so research says to increase some settings on the php.ini.
Currently, my maximum memory is 120mb and max_execution_time is 50000, so both are within tolerance..
Further, setting a username and password has no effect.

I really am annoyed - what's the refund policy ?
Re: Constant crashes - not a happy person !
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2014, 02:50:03 PM »
Hello,

it looks like your server configuration doesn't allow to run the script long enough to create full sitemap. Please try to increase memory_limit and max_execution_time settings in php configuration at your host (php.ini file) or contact hosting support regarding this.

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2014, 04:18:50 PM »
Thanks for the reply.

As stated, Max_execution_time is set to 50000, and memory_limit is set to 120mb - both of which seems to be far better than are needed. I cannot edit the file as this is set my my host, but believe I can adjust in .htaccess (but nor sure how)

Also, as I mentioned, the user name and password to allow admin access does not work, All files are write allowed, and password set, yet I can still get in to the generator program without a password
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2014, 04:24:07 PM »
edit .... am I correct in saying that running this as a crontask will complete successfully ?
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2014, 09:20:52 AM »
Hello,

cron tasks are normally running in less restricted environment comparing to web script running in browser, so yes - that could help.

Also, in this case I would recommend to run generator in command line if you have ssh access to your server.
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2014, 02:37:14 PM »
The cron did not work, so back to square one,

I can use putty to access SSH access, so can you explain how I can do this ?
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2014, 04:41:03 AM »
You would need to connect to the server and then enter command line that is displayed on generator's Crawling page.
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2014, 09:45:50 AM »
I'm sure we can resolve this somehow, but here is my problem.

My PHP settings, which are not adjustable are as follows ..
PHP Version :   5.5.19
Php max_execution_time:   3600
Php memory_limit:   120M

If I run the generator on one of my smaller websites (98 pages), the program work fine.

Running it on my larger one (1498 pages), it crashes. The program fails to run using cron - probably for the same reason - the site is too large.

Remembering that I cannot adjust my PHP settings, is there anything I can do before I give up and delete the program I have paid for ?

It is worth mentioning that the "free" version successfully runs to the maximum 500 pages
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2014, 10:17:49 AM »
I could not edit the above post, so have created a new one here.
I have (by constantly telling the program to "resume"), created the sitemap.

It took 7 resumes to finish, and the system says the following (in case this is any help to you)
Processing time : 19.44 seconds
Pages indexed: 1283
Crawled Page Size: 40.766mb
Network Transfer time: 0:19:00 seconds
Top memory usage: 1.59mb

The number of resumes at least indicates why cron does not work.

Any suggestions as to how I can now have this run without me having to resume each time ?
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2014, 04:12:58 PM »
You can setup multiple cron tasks and those will automatically resume the process from the point where previous task has stopped.
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2014, 09:02:41 PM »
As an update ....

I typed in several lines as a crontask such as
/usr/bin/php /homepages/18/d333984462/htdocs/allotment/generator/runcrawl.php
and set the tasks 10 minutes apart for 50 minutes. This failed miserably.

So, I typed it directly into cron and it executed in just one go, taking 19 minutes to run.

I've set it now as a single task to run at 5.00am tomorrow and will report back if it works - we can then close off on this ,,,

(fingers crossed)
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2014, 11:55:47 AM »
Right, so there seems little point in me continuing with this program.

Typing the cron command directly in works ok, but setting as a crontask fails.
I have tried setting each crontask anythkng from 5 minutes to 20 minutes apart - I get the error reports stating it is resuming, but then nothing ....

As a program I have found this excellent, but if I cannot have this as a crontask, it's pointless me having it
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2014, 10:29:27 AM »
>  I get the error reports stating it is resuming, but then nothing ....

What is the reporting content you get?
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2014, 11:46:42 AM »
The "error" I receive is not helpful, but says ...

<h4>Already in progress. Current process state is displayed:</h4>
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 30 | 411 | 2,483.0 | 0:00:39 | 0:09:04 | 1 | 1,802.5 Kb | 30 | 29 | 1802

however, since then, I have managed to run the command via cron successfully.
What I have done is add five lines to cron set to run half an hour apart. For some reason, this works !, although it takes 2 and a half hours  to run a 19 minute report !