Hatim

Script Never never finishes
« on: January 28, 2007, 01:24:16 PM »
Hi,

My site has 1500 of pages and more, so I am expecting this to take just 1-2 hours max, however the page just simply states:

Links depth: 4
Current page: Main/Sports/Software/
Pages added to sitemap: 1879
Pages scanned: 4660 (58,719.9 Kb)
Pages left: 270 (+ 15147 queued for the next depth level)
Time passed: 15:16
Time left: 0:53
Memory usage: 6,358.6 Kb
Resuming the last session (last updated: 2007-01-28 00:48:20)

For the other subdomain it look:
Links depth: 3
Current page: a/ateens/sugarrush.html
Pages added to sitemap: 1283
Pages scanned: 1440 (17,919.8 Kb)
Pages left: 16110 (+ 28 queued for the next depth level)
Time passed: 9:39
Time left: 108:01
Memory usage: 4,859.1 Kb

the above message stoped like that, and it seems endless.
I ran the crawl again and again and .... and waited. ......

Thanks
Re: Script Never never finishes
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2007, 11:30:10 PM »
Hello,

please try to increase memory_limit and max_execution_time settings in your php configuration (php.ini).

Hatim

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2007, 10:54:49 AM »
please try to increase memory_limit and max_execution_time settings in your php configuration (php.ini).
How can I do that on the Host machine?? in another words How to locate this php.inin file..??
Please help

Hatim

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2007, 02:36:54 PM »
This my Provider (Host Machine) reply:
Thank you for contacting the ----------------------------- Support.
We are in a Unix-based shared-hosting platform. We do not allow php.ini access. We are truly sorry for the inconvenience. Thanks.
If you have any further questions, please reply to this email leaving all text intact,.......................................
Thank you for your inquiry,
WHAT CAN I DO ??????? HELP ME ...... PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
iCan;t  make my site manullay ....
HATIM
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2007, 10:51:09 PM »
Hello,

do you have SSH access to your host? In this case you can execute sitemap generator from the command line.

Hatim

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2007, 07:37:46 AM »
Thank you for your reply,
Can you tell me how to do that, in simple steps

Regards
Hatim
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2007, 10:48:02 PM »
Yes, you should connect to your site via SSH as usual and then execute the following command:

Code: [Select]
/usr/local/bin/php /path/to/your/generator/runcrawl.php
(replace /path/to/your/generator/ with correct path to generator folder on your host)

Hatim

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2007, 02:02:28 PM »
Yes, you should connect to your site via SSH as usual and then execute the following command:
Code: [Select]
/usr/local/bin/php /path/to/your/generator/runcrawl.php(replace /path/to/your/generator/ with correct path to generator folder on your host)

Thank you for your reply, but still I can't complete my map, I tried every thing, I ran it from the above command, but still the script stop,
Please Note that it work so fine with my other pages (less than 3000 page) , the two pages with 15500 pages (approx.) each it seems can not be done.
is there any help.
regards
Hatim
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2007, 08:55:59 PM »
Hello,

you can define the "Save state" parameter (for instance, if generator stops after 1 minute, set it to 50 seconds). And then restart generation with "Resume generation" option enabled (you can do that multiple times until full sitemap is created).

Hatim

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2007, 10:13:49 PM »

Hi,
I done ALL of those things, moreover all what you recommended in this forum, I read all related topic also. UNFOTUNATELY, No improvement, NO Map.
Because of the time tha I spent to modfiy or configure, just consider this will be my last request for help ...
Regards
Hatim
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2007, 10:30:56 PM »
Hello,

could you please provide me with temporary ssh access (via private message ) for troubleshooting?

Hi,
I done ALL of those things, moreover all what you recommended in this forum, I read all related topic also. UNFOTUNATELY, No improvement, NO Map.
Because of the time tha I spent to modfiy or configure, just consider this will be my last request for help ...
Regards
Hatim