Reda

installation folder
« on: January 07, 2015, 04:39:51 PM »
Hi,

I've just purchased a licence and trying to install it. But I'd love to install in other folder than root, is that possible? I have found this topic but didn't understand much: https://www.xml-sitemaps.com/forum/index.php/topic,7832.msg24423.html#msg24423

Reda

Re: installation folder
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2015, 07:55:50 PM »
And also when I access the "generator" folder, i change setting and hit "Save" it dosn't save and display initial parameters...  :-\

Reda

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2015, 10:46:42 PM »
And once last thing: i can't even run the sitemap generator, when I click on "Run", i'm being redirected to the "Configuration" page :/
Hope I can get support ASAP!
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2015, 05:23:36 PM »
Hello,

yes, you can install it in any folder.

Please try to create a file name ".htaccess" in generator/ folder with one line:
RewriteEngine off

Reda

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2015, 09:58:38 PM »
Hi, and thank you so much for your reply. It's so funny coz I was going to reply and found your message.
indeed, the solution is to create the .htaccess file, found it here: [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]
It'll be nice if you can add it to the Doc :)

I'm currently facing another issue, when I click on "Run", it crawls the urls but stops after few minutes, do you know why?

and what about the used memory, does it get freed up when the crawl is finished?

For info, memory_limit: 120Mo and max_execution_time: 50000

Thanks
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 10:31:07 PM by Reda »
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2015, 01:03:54 PM »
Hello,
in this case I would recommend to run generator in command line if you have ssh access to your server.

Reda

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2015, 01:16:31 PM »
Well, what i'm doing now is to separate languages by generating 1 sitemap.xml by language (around 2800 links/ language)

Is there a way to automate the generation for:
site.com/fr/
site.com/be/
site.com/uk
... ??
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2015, 05:38:34 AM »
Hello,

you would need to change starting URL accordingly, then create sitemap (repeat for each language).

Reda

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2015, 11:23:02 AM »
OK thanks :)

And one more questions please, i'm also generating an HTML sitemap that i'm including in my web page (include("path/fr-fr.html")), is there an option in order to generate this html sitemap without <styles>, <title>, <body>, ... tags ? in other words, generate only the core code.

I was thinking about altering mods/sitemap_tpl.html but i'll lose changes in case of an update

Thanks
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2015, 01:38:23 PM »
Hello,

correct - you would need to change mentioned template file. In case of update this file should be backed up and restored.

Reda

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2015, 04:26:51 PM »
OK!
Would it be possible please to add an option in the config page that allows to save the html sitemap with styles + other html tags or with just the core code... ? that would be awesome :)

I would have 2 other questions please :)
1- how often do you recommend to submit the sitemap? i have noticed that my webpages are always discovered quickly by google bots...

2- i have multilingual site
site.com (french by default)
site.com/be/ (belgium)
site.com/uk/ (UK)
when I generate sitemap for site.com it includes all pages including /be/ and /uk/ so what i did for the moment is to generate a xml sitemap for /be/ then inside the file, I remplace all .com/be/ by .com/
Is there a better solution?

Thank for your help
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 04:34:35 PM by Reda »
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2015, 04:20:50 PM »
Hello,

1. it's necessary to submit it just once.
2. you can exclude "be/" "uk/" using Exclude URls setting if you don't need those in main sitemap.

Reda

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2015, 08:18:43 PM »
OK, thank you so much for all..

Cheers ;)

P.S. regarding the option of html sitemaps without html tags, do you think it can be done??
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2015, 07:38:08 AM »
We will consider adding this in future versions. Thank you for suggestion.

Reda

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2015, 04:28:48 PM »
Hi,

it's really painful that the crawler stops every 5min, then i have to wait for few other minutes to be able to resume previous session.... :/
is there any possible fix to this issue?

you previously recommended to run generator in command line using ssh access. I have access to ssh, but are you sure it wont interrupt as well? and what's the command line for that?

Thanks