HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden
« on: January 24, 2015, 09:52:17 PM »
I'm trying to configure the latest version of Standalone Sitemap generator.  My website directory structure has changed since I last used the generator and I'm unsure of exactly how to specify all the paths within the configuration screen.  I'm trying to do a simple crawl down a directory to verify my understanding of how the paths should be specified in the configuration fields.  I'm able to see the contents of the directory using the FireFTP program as well as write to that directory so I believe the permissions are correct.

So, I set my starting URL to be [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

I get this error message when I do a manual crawl:

There was an error while retrieving the URL specified: [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]
HTTP Code:
HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden
HTTP headers:
content-length: 218
content-type: text/html
server: Microsoft-IIS/6.0
x-powered-by: ASP.NET
date: Sat, 24 Jan 2015 16:16:34 GMT
connection: close
x_csize: 218

HTTP output:
ErrorDirectory Listing Denied

Why am I get what looks like access errors even though I can access via FTP?

Thanks for any help
Re: HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2015, 10:48:46 PM »
I have resolved this issue.  I was using a directory with no files with URLs to put into the sitempa.xml file.  Once I changed the folder to crawl to one that had .html files it then crawled.  I limited my test to 20 pages because I'm still having problems knowing how to specify correct paths to save sitemap.xml file