Software is not working - White Screen
« on: February 10, 2015, 06:05:52 AM »
I have been working all day today trying to get the software operational but have encountered an endless series of issues.  At first the software would time out, I set-up delays (10 s every 500 hits) which got me a bit further in the process.  At one point got to writing 40,000 lines into my sitemap file but the system just keep stopping.  Set the auto restart which worked for awhile but then got to the point of restarting continuously.  I lost count as to how many times I have started and stopped the process of creating a site map.

I have a large genealogy site with 57,000 people. 

Now all I get is a blank white screen.  I tried copying over the generator directory but that didn't help.

I used V6 of the software on another site at another hosting service and it seemed to work ok.

I am at a loss as to what to do now.

Re: Software is not working - White Screen
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 09:14:47 AM »
Hello,

it looks like your server configuration doesn't allow to run the script long enough to create full sitemap. Please try to increase memory_limit and max_execution_time settings in php configuration at your host (php.ini file) or contact hosting support regarding this.

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2015, 02:29:30 PM »
1.  My current settings are memory_limit 256mb and max_execution_time 120.  What do these settings have to be increased in order to run the script?

2.  When i try to load the software at my server all I see is a white screen.  How do I get the software back operational.  Delete it all and then re-install?

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2015, 09:24:00 PM »
I have decided to abandon the use of the XML Sitemaps software following my experiences of yesterday.  The problems may have been all my fault, I just don't know.  However that's really immaterial right now.

I did find a sitemap plug-in that was specifically designed for my software and I had a site map done in under 15 minutes and uploaded to google.

A product cost refund would be appreciated if possible.

Thank you
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2015, 04:46:44 PM »
Hello,

please let me know your generator URL/login in private message to check this.
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2015, 05:46:34 PM »
Hello,

I removed XML Site map generator from my site due to the complexity of the installation. 

There is no further action required on this matter, other than a consideration of a refund of the purchase price.

Thank you for your interest.