Empty Mobile Sitemap
« on: April 13, 2015, 03:56:05 PM »
I'm using Sitemap Generator 7.0 on a couple of sites. Both sites have mobile version in a 'phone/' folder with redirect from the main URL. However, Sitemap Generator only creates a correct Mobile Sitemap for one of the sites - the other's mobile-sitemap contains no URLs. I can set an inclusion mask to 'phone/' or leave that field blank, but that doesn't change anything - one mobile sitemap correctly contains the URL's in the 'phone/' folder, while the other one doesn't.

I read an older forum post regarding this, and you advised creating a separate sitemap for the mobile pages of the site. Is that still the recommendation for this issue?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 04:48:12 PM by sebrame »
Re: Empty Mobile Sitemap
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2015, 07:05:03 PM »
OK, so is there any way to have 2 configs on a site? Or will I have to create the main sitemap manually, then create the mobile sitemap manually?
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2015, 07:38:56 AM »
You can have another instance of generator in a different folder (like generator2/)
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2015, 12:17:02 PM »
OK, but wont the sitemap from Generator2 just be a regular sitemap, not specifically a mobile one?
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2015, 01:06:02 PM »
You should specify a different filename for regular sitemap to avoid overwriting it.
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2015, 02:43:05 PM »
I understand that. What I mean is - the Generator2 sitemap created for my mobile content will not have the 'mobile' tags. I will have to add them manually, which I certainly can do, but this defeats the main purpose for using a tool like XML-Sitemaps.
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2015, 02:43:43 PM »
Is this bug being fixed for a future release?
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2015, 08:18:01 PM »
It would include <mobile> tags in case if Mobile sitemap setting is enabled.