Cannot modify the configuration.
« on: May 21, 2015, 05:22:05 PM »
data directory:  777
generator.conf: 666

sitemap configuration page: auto fills with  [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] 
I am generating a sitemap for  [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ].  I modify all the appropriate lines - submit the changes and it resets right back to the default settings.  I have no idea what is happening - never had this problem before. I use it sucessfully on 4 sites/full & mobile.
So, what the bloody heck am I doing wrong?

Thanks, Jack
Re: Cannot modify the configuration.
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2015, 06:10:03 PM »
Hello,

please let me know your generator URL/login in private message to check this.

Please also note that sitemap generator can be used for own personal sites only , i.e. it cannot be used to create sitemaps for 3rd party sites or provided as a service (paid or free): https://www.xml-sitemaps.com/license.html (separate licenses need to be purchased for that)
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2015, 07:26:49 PM »
I believe this has got to be related to the fact that some security measures have been taken by the admin on the server that hosts our site. This is a mobile site in a sub-domain and thus in a sub-directory. I was able to create the sitemap by having a second copy of the sitemap generator in the main directory. Go figure. It works on the other locations.

Now, as to licensing. I must have misunderstood the licensing. I will read what you noted and get back to you. I do have a question:  if I have a site with a full and mobile version (2 installs of generator, one for the full, one for the mobile in a subdomain) do I need 2 licenses? 
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2015, 07:34:55 PM »
Okay, I really did not read that licensing agreement.
I support 4 business sites (full/mobile) and 1 non-profit. Can I buy a license for each one?

Also, since I have an instance for the full site and one for the mobile site (same server, subdirectoy,subdomain) - do I need to buy 2 in that case.

In other words, do I need to have 5 licences or 10?  I have 1 already.

Thanks, Jack
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2015, 08:09:03 PM »
Hello,

you can order additional licenses on https://www.xml-sitemaps.com/standalone-google-sitemap-generator.html page.

There is no need for a separate license for subdomains (mobile version in this case).
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2015, 08:20:32 PM »
Done!  Thanks.