encoding problem
« on: August 05, 2015, 04:42:30 PM »
Hi, I just installed the generator on my website. I parametered configuration and launch the first crawl. The crawl starts well but after a few minutes this message appears: "Error Content Encoding The page you are trying to view can not be shown because it uses a type of compression invalid or unsupported Please.. contact the site owners to inform them of this problem "

The owner is me and I do not know what to do  ;D. Can you help me thank you  (i'm french) :)

Re: encoding problem
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2015, 08:36:09 AM »
Hello,

it looks like your server configuration doesn't allow to run the script long enough to create full sitemap. Please try to increase memory_limit and max_execution_time settings in php configuration at your host (php.ini file) or contact hosting support regarding this.

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2015, 03:37:30 PM »
Hi, my hoster answers me that I can not change these settings on my hosting (shared). There there another solution?
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2015, 06:48:08 AM »
Hello,  in this case I would recommend to run generator in command line if you have ssh access to your server.
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2015, 07:45:57 AM »
Excuse me but I do not know anything about this procedure. I think it's better for me to demand repayment of the software because I can not use it, unfortunately.  :(
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2015, 11:37:53 AM »
Another option is to setup a cron task in your hosting control panel to run sitemap generator.
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2015, 04:28:19 PM »
Ah ok I can try that! can you tell me what the cron job that I have to say? Thank you  ;)
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2015, 08:19:17 AM »
The command line for cron job is displayed on Crawling page of sitemap generator, it looks like:
php /path/to/generator/runcrawl.php
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2015, 07:16:47 AM »
Thank you I will try this manipulation, and then coming back to you to tell you what it is.
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2015, 01:24:47 PM »
Unfortunately I can not initiate cron job I have an automatic message: "it is forbidden to access parent folders (using ..)."...

So I tried with: .... / generator / index.php op = & crawlproc resume = 1    but it also blocks   :-\
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2015, 08:47:09 AM »
/usr/bin/php /home/......../......../generator/runcrawl.php
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2015, 06:50:13 AM »
Do you use dots ("..") in the command line?
You mentioned that error message is:
"it is forbidden to access parent folders (using ..)."...
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2015, 07:17:19 AM »
No  :) I put the points which replace the information from my site. In fact I copied / pasted information I found on the "crawling" page
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2015, 07:21:18 AM »
Can you provide us with hosting control panel access to check this further? (you can send a private message to me)