Internal Server Error
« on: August 09, 2015, 07:28:18 AM »
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at *****@***.com to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Apache/2.4.16 (Unix) OpenSSL/1.0.1e-fips mod_bwlimited/1.4 Server at www.**********com Port 80

Anyone know any usual reasons for this
I changed the privs for the two xml files and the generator directory
Re: Internal Server Error
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2015, 08:20:21 AM »
Hello,

it looks like your server configuration doesn't allow to run the script long enough to create full sitemap. Please try to increase memory_limit and max_execution_time settings in php configuration at your host (php.ini file) or contact hosting support regarding this.

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2015, 07:30:11 PM »
Did that fix it for you?  I am getting this error as well.
The free trial version worked, but the paid version keeps throwing this error.
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2015, 07:59:22 PM »
Yes, my support guy increased both memory_limit and max_execution_time. So the script could run up to 10 minutes using 128MB of memory.

Not directly related but just to continue with what happened... My forum had some really really deep threads and the generator ran for hours going 200+ links deep at which point my firewall kicked in and shut it all down. I told it to just go 10 links deep and its working perfectly now.
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2015, 08:37:54 PM »
Thanks for the reply! I limited mine to 3,000 pages as the error would happen somewhere above that every time and it did work. It must be a memory_limit and max_execution_time issue for me, too.

So far I have been unable to get our godaddy shared hosting server to see my additional php.ini file... Guess I'll wait until Monday now. Thanks again.
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2015, 01:17:57 PM »
I was able to get the server to see my changes and phpinfo() reports them properly.
However, I am still getting the error.
I am using the settings:
memory_limit = 256M
max_execution_time = 9000
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2015, 07:14:41 PM »
Hello,  in this case I would recommend to run generator in command line if you have ssh access to your server.