Memory Leak When Saving
« on: February 10, 2007, 07:34:48 PM »
Hello!

First off, great script.  Worth every cent.  Seems there is a problem when saving though.  The memory usage of the script spikes at that point and causes memory_limit issues.  I'm running it on a Windows box so the memory_limit is not configurable, but I have 2GB of RAM in the machine and nothing else really running so I would think it would run ok.  It indexes my entire site ok if I tell it not to save every so often, but when it does save, blammo, some huge memory spike.  Any help?

Thanks
Dave
Re: Memory Leak When Saving
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2007, 10:09:27 PM »
Hello,

how often is saved the state of crawling when error appears? How many pages do you have indexed and what is a rough amount of memory used?
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2007, 10:21:45 PM »
Well, the script is set to save it every 300 seconds, the error first occurs at about 3500 pages and at that point the memory usage peaks to about 1.8GB.  If I set the script to run without saving memory usage stays much lower.
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2007, 11:19:39 PM »
Hello,

please try to re-download sitemap generator (there is an updated version now).
What is your PHP version?
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2007, 08:48:06 PM »
PHP version 5.2.0 and I'm using the latest version already.  It seems obvious that it's in the save routine because if I let it run without saving I have no problems.
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2007, 02:34:09 PM »
Hello,

sitemap generator package has been updated at the moment when I posted my last message above.