Confused about mobile sitemap... Where to start
« on: October 20, 2015, 05:04:19 AM »
I just purchased XML Sitemap and I'm just not sure what the mobile sitemap should look like. I have a tiny website. Google says that my website is mobile friendly. I use a ".htaccess" file to redirect to a sub-domain. My mobile content is in directory called "mobile" under the main website "[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]" the sub-domain is "m.beq-norfolk.com". The mobile content really consist of a single file "index.htm".
I have an alternate link in the main website index.htm file which points to a file of the same name in the sub-domain. There is a canonical link in the sub-domain file index.htm which points to the main website file index.htm. My sitemap for the main page is:

<url>
       <loc>[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]</loc>
  </url>
  <url>
  </url>
  <url>
  </url>
</urlset>

I expect a mobile sitemap to look like:

<url>
       <mobile:mobile/>
  </url>
  <url>
       <mobile:mobile/>
  </url>
</urlset>

If this is the correct expectation, how do I get the generator to create it? Or am I off the mark and the mobile sitemap should look different from what I expect? Should I have a separate generator for the mobile sitemap?
Re: Confused about mobile sitemap... Where to start
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2015, 04:59:07 PM »
Hello,

mobile sitemap includes all URLs from main sitemap by default, but there is a setting "Mobile pages inclusion mask" that allows to include only pages matching specific substring (like "mob/", for instance).