GoDaddy server setup
« on: November 06, 2015, 08:29:18 PM »
I just moved my website over to GoDaddy and cannot get access to the generator. It worked fine on my previous server. I followed the how to install instructions that came with the generator but am getting a 5oo internal server error. Any ideas on how I can correct this problem?
Re: GoDaddy server setup
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2015, 05:46:11 AM »
Hello,

make sure that you have 755 permissions set for generator/ folder.
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2015, 12:57:32 PM »
The permission are set to 777 and I cannot get Filezilla to change them It keeps giving me this response:

Command: SITE CHMOD 755 generator
Response:   500 'SITE': command not understood
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2015, 08:12:41 AM »
Please try to remove generator/ folder and then reupload it.
Also, make sure that PHP language is supported on the new server.
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2015, 01:43:43 PM »
I renamed the original generator directory to generator_old ands uploaded a new copy. Still getting a 500 internal server error. The Plesk control panel states the PHP version as 5.4. I'm attaching three (3) screen captures of the PHP settings page for your use. I don't if this makes any difference, but this is a Windows server.
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2015, 09:23:05 PM »
I got the issue resolved. I renamed the original generator directory to generator_old and uploaded the latest version to the generator directory. I then removed all of the inherited permissions including 'Allow inheritable permissions from the parent to propagate to this object and all child objects. Include these with the entries explicitly defined here'. I was then able to log in and reconfigure he generator with the settings I had setup in the original one. Thanks for all of the assistance.