iframe not refreshing to show crawl status
« on: November 11, 2016, 10:45:16 PM »
Please help, it seems that new versions of chrome and firefox have security settings meant to prevent iframe security problems.

The frame comes up but does not update to show crawling status, making it very difficult to tweak the crawling settings to get all of the pages.

I've tried adding some different headers to the apache config file and to .htaccess but no luck.

Header always set Strict-Transport-Security "max-age=31536000; includeSubDomains"
Header always unset X-Frame-Options

Re: iframe not refreshing to show crawl status
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2016, 05:41:24 AM »
Hello,

if you are not getting progress updates it must be related to buffering of script output on server side, this can be affected by different server settings, you can find description here:
http://muzso.hu/2008/02/19/php-output-buffering
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2016, 10:05:09 AM »
Hello, for me also the iframe doesn't refresh. An older version of XML sitemap generator works with refresh but the latest version 7.1 doesn't work. I checked out the link [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] and output buffering works.

When the crawling is done after 4 minutes I see a refresh of the iframe quickly with the links depths etc. Then it go's to the normal screen with the sitemaps generated. Also when you crawl you can't go to other tabs/pages because the screen needs to wait before the crawling is finished. Please advice
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2016, 06:43:57 AM »
Hello,

you can access generator while crawling in other browser (not the new tab but opening new instance of the browser).
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2016, 08:23:51 AM »
If I open a new tab (Instance) and go to the crawler it gives me a blank screen and is loading the page. If I close the whole browser and open it again I can continue crawling where it left.

When I check the box crawl when the browser is closed and I open an new instance the same happens (Blank screen). When I close the whole browser and open it again then I am seeing the progress. But at the end of the crawling, the progress stops again and doesn't go further to the overview. (In chrome you also see the loading symbol of the page). The only thing I can do then is close the whole browser and open it again. (Tested in Chrome, Firefox and IE)
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2016, 09:13:55 PM »
It must be a new browser window (for instance, an incognito mode in Chrome), not a new tab.

jve

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2016, 10:56:02 PM »
I am having the same problem everyone has expressed here.  I need this fixed.  Is this working on Explorer?  I have a new computer, and I do have new versions of Chrome and Firefox.  Help! I am not a tekkie, so I need all the help I can get.  I contacted support, and I'm not getting any response.