This Account Has Exceeded Its CPU Quota
« on: March 03, 2007, 10:08:23 AM »
i use bluehost, when it begin to crawl a while, it shows This Account Has Exceeded Its CPU Quota, i try it again and again, and it doesn't work the same way, the map only indexed 241page,
what can i do?
Re: This Account Has Exceeded Its CPU Quota
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2007, 10:34:58 PM »
Hello,

you can use "Make a delay between requests" option to reduce the server load.
This Account Has Exceeded Its CPU Quota Bluehost
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2007, 04:59:19 PM »
This Account Has Exceeded Its CPU Quota

I seen another post in here about the issue, but there was no reply back saying what settings seem to work fine with them, and i have tried different settings in the script only to get the same error over and over. need a little help with what to put into there.

Bluehost only allows 40 secs of CPU time within a 60 second window.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2007, 05:03:14 PM by shopping »
Re: This Account Has Exceeded Its CPU Quota Bluehost
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2007, 04:36:30 PM »
Hello,

I suggest you to use "Make delay for X seconds after every Y request" option to insert pause in crawling process and reduce CPU load as a result.
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2007, 11:21:37 AM »
I have the same problem with Bluehost. What setting would you suggest? I have no idea after how many requests the server would need a "break" and worry it will take all day as a 1 second delay is not enough, it will need 20 seconds a least to create that maximum 40 seconds cpu time within 60 seconds time frame, but after how many requests???
Re: This Account Has Exceeded Its CPU Quota
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2007, 12:03:18 PM »
Please advise on the delay settings. Trial and error results in my website offline many times and no solution so far.
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2008, 11:33:00 PM »
Hello,

I suggest you to use "Make delay for X seconds after every Y request" option to insert pause in crawling process and reduce CPU load as a result.
Thanks Admin :)

This is THE most important setting IMO - each server's CPU can only handle so much and if you have a huge site with many pages to add to the sitemap, PLEASE give your host a break and add the delay... you could cause a system crash or CERTAINLY slow processing down for all other users if you have a virtual server hosting account :(
I suggest limiting the usage to "Make delay for X seconds after every Y request" where X = 10 and Y = 10 or even X = 5 and Y = 5 - the server will thank you ;)

OK, so it takes longer to crawl your site to add to the sitemap but causing high server load may be a violation of your hosts' TOS & AUP. If you're desperate to make a sitemap, make a coffee or go for a walk whilst it crawls otherwise (if no limitations are set in config.inc.php) you're causing the server load to go way over the top & memory usage is, obviously, high :(  :'(

Be gentle please? Your server host will thank you :)