PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes
« on: March 14, 2023, 01:46:01 PM »
I keep seeing the error in my Apache log file and my forum crawl never completes. My website crawl works fine.

I have increased the memory limit to 512MB in the settings. Also increase the memory limit in the php7 ini file. Also change the script execution time to higher amounts and zero in the site settings.

I have verified the setting is correct with php_info() and shows 512MB. I also restarted the server.

I have turned off options like create txt files etc.

I have been playing with this for several hours and I just continuously get exactly the same error message. So I am at a loss what is going on ?

Re: PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2023, 02:01:45 PM »
I turned on the debugging I just found. I think I have worked it out ironically after posting..

With the phpbb exclude settings, it is missing file.php.  The particular file it stopped fetching was a 514MB file.

Its not stopped again this time.

Though I think adding file.php might have created another problem that it is only indexing about 1,500 topics on my forum when there are around 8,000 topics.

Before I added file.php it got to about 3,478 links. I'm not sure if that is exactly the problem or not.

Is really there should be a option added onto the settings to limit file sizes to 1MB or something. As with this mostly (I assume) being used for site links only then pages crap should not really be massively huge because they should be mostly text anyway.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2023, 02:29:24 PM by exxos21 »