Re: system keeps stopping
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2008, 05:04:58 PM »
Just checking back....
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2008, 05:12:31 PM »
Thank you for details, replied.

Please set 0666 permissions for all files inside generator/data/ folder.
Or remove/rename crawl_dump.log file.
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2008, 05:21:45 PM »
I regained my run button...I've started it...I'll let you know how it goes...

But usually how long does it take to cue up, as it appears to not be going through the links?
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2008, 06:22:30 PM »
It runs but stop with a prompt box telling me how I want to open up index.php?
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2008, 01:21:03 PM »
It starts up fine...but after awhile it' prompts me to either "save to disk" or "open" index.php. It takes about 5 min after you start the generator manually for this to pop up, at which point it kills the script.  Also I have a cron job that is/has been set to run this every night a 3am and this morning my sitemap still has been unchanged since 1/24/08.

Also I have a file in my /generator/data/ folder called "2008-01-24 07-21-33.proc"  What is this file for???

I'm kinda anxious to get this running properly as I've mad allot of changes to the site and very much want to get all the new pages indexed, especially now since I opened my store back in February.  I just never checked to see if this was running, because I assumed it was running fine...
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 02:07:37 PM by website »
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2008, 01:38:08 PM »
Here is the report from the cron job that ties to start....

Warning: fopen(/../data/crawl_dump.log): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /..../pages/class.utils.inc.php(2) : eval()'d code on line 32

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /.../pages/class.utils.inc.php(2) : eval()'d code on line 33

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /.../pages/class.utils.inc.php(2) : eval()'d code on line 34

all the php files are set at 644...
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2008, 05:03:29 AM »
Also I have a file in my /generator/data/ folder called "2008-01-24 07-21-33.proc"  What is this file for???
This file stores details on one of your previous completed sitemap generation sessions.

Here is the report from the cron job that ties to start....
You should have 0777 permissions for data/ folder and 0666 permissions for *.log files inside data/ folder
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2008, 02:32:08 PM »
Okay...I did have the data/ folder already set for 0777 though I had *.log files set at  0644.  I have corrected the permissions for *.log files to 0666.  Do I always want to keep the *.lof files at 0666? 

It seems to be working and I have a current sitemap now...Though in my cron report I keep getting this line repeated...

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/velocity/public_html/generator/pages/class.xml-creator.inc.php(2) : eval()'d code on line 177

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/velocity/public_html/generator/pages/class.xml-creator.inc.php(2) : eval()'d code on line 181

What could be the cause of this???  I appreciate your help...
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2008, 08:05:05 AM »
Please try to find 'xs_base' option in config.inc.php file and set it to '0'.
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2008, 01:09:02 PM »
I don't have a line command of 'xs_base' in my conf.ini.php file.  The version that I'm using is older than 2.9, but I have updated it to 2.9 per the upgrade instruction and uploading the new config.ini.php is not part of the upgrade so any changes that have taken place in that file have never been updated...

I did look in the ver. 2.9 conf.ini.php and there is a line command for 'xs_makebase' but not 'xs_base' nor is the 'xs_makebase' in the version I have.
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2008, 07:54:48 PM »
If you have any sitemap files in data/ folder, make sure that their permissions are set to 0666.
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2008, 02:05:42 PM »
Okay...still getting the errors.... ??? ??? ???

Fist I notice something...all .log files inside data/ folder that are supposed to be set to 0666 are getting automatically created each and every time the generator runs, but sets them up with 0644.  That doesn't seem right if they are supposed to be 0666?  I can't image that we are supposed to each and every time we run the generator to change an automatically created files permission...you would this this would have been written to set it up as 0666 if it needs to be set with these permissions..

Also I was asked to to change the value of 'xs_base' in the config.inc.php file, but I don't have that option.  Nothing was mentioned when I informed you that my file doesn't have this option, does this has some importance here to correct the problem??

Nothing has or was modified to the setting of the generator since you guys set it up last time...I'm now coming back to this as I didn't realize the generator wasn't running as it should...so I'm trying to get this fixed..

If you could let me know a list of things that I should look at so we can hopefully get this resolved sooner that would be great or what you need from me to diagnose the problem faster I will...

« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2008, 05:25:18 PM »
Hello,

you can leave .log files permissions unchanged, just update sitemap files permissions in data/ folder (.xml, .txt, .html files).
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2008, 08:10:09 PM »
all .xml, .txt, .html files are at 0666

I still get the popup window as shown, in post #20,  asking what to do with index.php file.