Configuration can't be saved, no crawling.
« on: September 05, 2008, 10:42:21 PM »
Hello.

Downloaded/insatalled the generator twice with same results. Program won't save any new config settings, initial url's & path pop in the file ok. Consequently doesn't crawl. All files + /data/ folder CHMOD set as should be. Tried adding server IP manually to no fix. Site has only 1.5K pages plus a forum/albums etc.

I can send money no worries but can you direct me to install it well by myself (no secret just I do install all stuff on my own to learn something.)

/home/username/public_html/generator/
/home/username/public_html/the2files.xmland.ror

On first install I've noticed on config page 'Error on page' (down left corner in browser yellow triangel) as if a problem with JavaScript(?) as the page was first time opened. After refresh the error disappeared. It appears that google was pinged as it enterred the empty sitemap.xml :(

PMed you link. Thank you.
Re: Configuration can't be saved, no crawling.
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008, 02:04:21 AM »

This is a big thank you to Oleg for the fantastic software. XML sitemap program solved all the matters we needed to properly figure out. Now we finally have the sitemap that otherwise couldn't have been created manually, plus it can be updated at any time. Two broken links we couldn't find were located in the first scan... To us it was the best buy for a long time. Now playing with tuning up to remove the thousands of dynamic links (the advice from this is: the sooner a proper sitemap is on a growing site the better because of less work initially!)

For others reading this thread; this 'RewriteEngine on' rule needed to be removed from .htaccess file, I added it in the file manually when installing WP Blog on site but, it's not in fact needed there:

RewriteCond %{THE_REQUEST} ^[A-Z]{3,9}\ /.*index\.php\ HTTP/
RewriteRule ^(.*)index\.php$ /$1 [R=301,L]