cgj

XML Sitemap Error
« on: April 15, 2009, 04:06:38 AM »
Hello
I´ve been reading previous messages and I can see there has been people with the same problem as me.

1) Once the sitemap has been generated, I´ve downloaded it, saved it in my computer as sitemap.xml  and uploaded it in the root folder of my site. (uploaded = dragged the xml file to the root folder) Does it work that way too?.

I have not copied and pasted it. And the error that Google gives me is the unsopported file format.

You suggest in other messages to check "the .htaccess file in domain root - looks like something redirects all googlebot requests to external site":....BUT, I´m afraid I don´t know exactly what you mean by "htaccess file......"
to check if I can solve the problem.

2) Once the sitemap file is generated how can I check it´s URL??

Thank you very much for your help.

cgj

Re: XML Sitemap Error
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 04:30:42 AM »
Ok, maybe I´ve messed it up in Tools for webmaster in Google where you send the sitemap.

[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] ...................... send sitemap.

What I´ve inserted in the blank box is the different pages .html  I´ve got in my site.... (???) Not the actual sitemap ...
What I have to do is: [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

Sorry for the inconvenience............