I hate to give up, but...
« on: June 25, 2009, 01:01:26 AM »
I need help.  The standalone program is installed on my host server and it is working, but I cannot seem to get the files saved in the right folder no matter where I configure them.

Sitemap Details show that 1,929 pages were indexed, but the HTML sitemap is empty, and the ror.xml and sitemap.xml both show "XML Parsing Error: no element found." The urllist.txt has 1,819 lines in it.

As you can probably tell, I am new at this, and am probably not understanding some of the instructions.

Is it possible to get some one-on-one help?  A couple of tweaks to the configuration file might be all that is necessary.
Re: I hate to give up, but...
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2009, 08:54:48 PM »
Although I have replied to "admin" that the issue has been resolved, I wanted to post this follow-up in case it might help someone else.

I removed the standalone product from my website, then re-installed it (which I probably did not have to do).  I ran the program from my browser and left most of the configuration settings as they were, especially those which included names of and locations of the sitemap files.  After that, the crawler ran perfectly and quickly with no error messages.  In other words, the problems that I encountered before resulted from my changes to the default settings.  Obviously, this is not the solution for everyone, but it might help some other newbies who think they are smarter than the program.