Inaccurate Page Count and Image Count
« on: July 21, 2015, 02:26:10 AM »
I had been using the generator for just my site's web pages and assumed it was configured properly since the page count appeared close. I also had it configured to use my robots.txt file so the resulting sitemap looked like what I expected.

Recently I decided I wanted to include images that were embedded as part of my site's forums as they are located in a common directory on the server. I first tried simply allowing the path in the robots.txt file but the image count was significantly lower than the total images in that directory. I then decided to disable the robots.txt which meant I had to be more granular and add much more information in the Exclude URLs box since the target directory was inside another directory with other data and directories. I also had to add strings to prevent duplicate pages due to different query string values used by SMF. A few runs later and I no longer had duplicates in the sitemap, but the indexed image count only increased by 5 images which is about 50 short of all the images that should be indexed. In addition, my webpage count increased by 100 pages - does this mean all the time before this change in configuration the generator wasn't spidering properly?

I could use some troubleshooting advice on how to get the generator to index all the linked images from the forums. I confirmed their appearance in the forums as I manually added alt tags to 95%+ of the embedded images so appropriate captions would be added to the image sitemap.
Re: Inaccurate Page Count and Image Count
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2015, 06:25:37 AM »

could you please PM me your generator URL and an example URL that is not included in sitemap and how it can be reached starting from homepage?
Oleg Ignatiuk
Send me a Private Message

For maximum exposure and traffic for your web site check out our additional SEO Services.
Re: Inaccurate Page Count and Image Count
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2015, 02:55:00 PM »
PM sent