Internal Server Error
« on: November 18, 2017, 04:13:09 PM »
Hi,
I have installed on my site the latest version (v7.2) and it was working fine.
Suddenly, it stopped working and displayed an ... Internal Server Error message.
I deleted all files on my /generator/ folder and uploaded fresh ones and the problem is still the same.
I have contacted the server, and they cannot help me. They told me to look at the php.ini file, but as it was working fine before, they should have been able to help me.  :-\
So, any clue what might be the cause of the ... Internal Server Error ?
Thanks for your help
Re: Internal Server Error
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 07:18:32 PM »
Hello,

it looks like your server configuration doesn't allow to run the script long enough to create full sitemap. Please try to increase memory_limit and max_execution_time settings in php configuration at your host (php.ini file) or contact hosting support regarding this.

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2017, 07:38:44 PM »
Thanks, but the problem appears when accessing the generator folder.
Try this: [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]
I am not able to start creating sitemap. So I do not think it is related to memory (at this point).
I have other php scripts running of my server (zenphoto) and I do not experience problems with them.
Regards
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2017, 04:41:28 AM »
Hello,

make sure that you have 755 permissions set for generator/ folder.
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2017, 03:37:02 PM »
Thanks,
It is set to 755 permissions.
As I said earlier, it used to work perfectly, and then, suddenly I got the error message.
So there must something on the server side that cause the problem, but they seem to be unawared.
PHP version : 5.4.37
Apache Version : 2.2.29
max_execution_time = 30
max_input_time = 60   
max_input_vars = 1000
memory_limit = 512M
What I don't understand is the php.ini file dated back from April 2015.
Any clue ? Sorry to bother you, but I really don't know what could be the problem to appear suddenly and makes it unusable.
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2017, 07:20:33 PM »
Hello,

please let me know your generator URL/login in private message to check this.
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2017, 07:34:37 PM »
As you helped me a lot about my problem, I wanted to give back info about how to solve this problem for users that might experience the same problem.
First, it was NOT a problem related to this script (v7.2, 2017-03-14) but rather something that the hosting service changed on their side and was not able to help me with this matter ::)
The tech service here was very helpful  :)
I had an error while accessing the script.
To fix it, here is what I did ...
In the index.php
replace : @ini_set ("include_path", ini_get ("include_path") . '.;pages/;'.(dirname(__FILE__).'\\pages').'');
by : /* @ini_set ("include_path", ini_get ("include_path") . '.;pages/;'.(dirname(__FILE__).'\\pages').''); */
In fact, it was to comment this line to get the include path.
After that, everything was perfect.
Regards,
Normand