Why only 2 levels deep?
« on: February 23, 2023, 09:18:35 PM »
Nothing I do in the config seems to be able to overcome the generator’s inability to output anything that’s more than 2 levels deep into a site!

Considering that the meat & potatoes of our site is all more than one level off the main page, this is a bit of a major issue…

Has anyone figured out how to get around this problem?  I’ve been trying to find a solution on the forum, but it seems like all the different threads just end without a fix being posted…
Re: Why only 2 levels deep?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2023, 06:43:02 PM »
Some additional info:

Looking at the Site Structure, it only goes 2 levels deep - (Main -> Category -> page 1) - where the page has further sub-categories and product listings that are not shown, nor are they appearing in the site map.

Looking at the Internal Links I can see sub-categories beyond 'page 1' as well as product listing pages contained within those sub-categories, but none are showing up in the site map itself.

The crawler fetches and processes 4420 pages but only 720 are appearing in the site map.

So, it seems the crawler is seeing what I want it to see, but it's not adding what it sees to the sitemap files.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2023, 06:24:11 AM »
Hello,

please let me know your generator URL/login in private message to check this.
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2023, 03:33:55 PM »
Hello,

please let me know your generator URL/login in private message to check this.

PM Sent.  Thank you!