I have been browsing the forum and noticed a number of feature requests spread throughout the forums. I think the generator is fairly comprehensive but there are a number of improvements that could be made. I figure that we should make a list of the features we would like and include as much detail as possible ... this would mean that the app development would be faster and we would get exactly what we want. I will start:
Feature Request 1
Automatic HTML Sitemap Generator
- Links pages must be created using an HTML template (Maybe containing a ##CONTENT## string)
- Links must contain page titles linking to destination URLS
- Number of links per page should be customizable
- New HTML Page to be created for each links page eg. HTML-Sitemap-Page-1.htm
- Page numbers to be in Google style eg. 1 2 3 4 5 6  8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... possibly include option to customize the amount of pages to view +/- (In the previous example this would be set to 10)
- If the sitemap can not be created simultaneously to the XML creation (Preferred as pages must be opened to obtain page titles) it should be created by parsing the XML file, getting page titles and creating the HTML sitemap
- If the sitemap is created simultaneously to the XML creation there should be an option to enable / disable this activity
- Page Titles to be customizable eg. ##SITENAME## - Our Sitemap Page ##PAGE## of ##TOTALPAGES##
- Page creation must be resumable for those using shared servers
- Results should be controllable eg. Include a maximum of x URLS or Map URLS containing only the following string
I have attached a script which works (But could use some work). If anybody improves this script then please let me know. You can view the output of this script [external links are visible to admins only] (If this link breaks any rules then can the Admin please erase it).
A copy of the script is attached (Please rename to .zip and unzip).