Internet explorer cannot display
« on: August 26, 2007, 03:58:09 AM »
I've installed the program and the configuration file saves, but when I click the crawl tab and try to run the crawl I get this error in a box on the page:

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Most likely causes:
You are not connected to the Internet.
The website is encountering problems.
There might be a typing error in the address.

What you can try:
     Diagnose Connection Problems 

More information

Any thoughts???

Thanks,

Lawrence
Re: Internet explorer cannot display
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2007, 12:45:22 PM »
It does seem to be crawling some of the pages. When I return to the crawl page after I get this message, there's a checkbox that says that at least some of the pages have been crawled asking if I want to continue with that session. However, it continues to time out.

I see this message: Please wait. Sitemap generation in progress...

but no progress indicators, just a blank white box, then the error in the previous post appears in the box.

Here are my current php settings:

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
; Resource Limits ;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

max_execution_time = 900
max_input_time = 500
memory_limit = 32M
« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 01:07:41 PM by support49 »
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2007, 03:06:14 PM »
I find this in the log file:

26-Aug-2007 07:42:28] PHP Warning:  fopen(/home/ihsrea5/public_html/generator/data/crawl_state.log) [<a href='function.fopen'>function.fopen</a>]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/ihsrea5/public_html/generator/pages/class.utils.inc.php(2) : eval()'d code on line 24
[26-Aug-2007 07:42:28] PHP Warning:  fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/ihsrea5/public_html/generator/pages/class.utils.inc.php(2) : eval()'d code on line 25
[26-Aug-2007 07:42:28] PHP Warning:  fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/ihsrea5/public_html/generator/pages/class.utils.inc.php(2) : eval()'d code on line 26
[26-Aug-2007 07:42:29] PHP Warning:  fopen(/home/ihsrea5/public_html/generator/data/crawl_dump.log) [<a href='function.fopen'>function.fopen</a>]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/ihsrea5/public_html/generator/pages/class.utils.inc.php(2) : eval()'d code on line 24
[26-Aug-2007 07:42:29] PHP Warning:  fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/ihsrea5/public_html/generator/pages/class.utils.inc.php(2) : eval()'d code on line 25
[26-Aug-2007 07:42:29] PHP Warning:  fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/ihsrea5/public_html/generator/pages/class.utils.inc.php(2) : eval()'d code on line 26

« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 03:15:38 PM by support49 »
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2007, 03:46:20 PM »
Hello,

make sure that you have set 0777 permissions for generator/data/ folder.
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2007, 06:33:54 PM »
Yes that was previously done. Anything else?
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2007, 01:33:57 AM »
Yes, I've changed the max_execution_time setting to 10000 with the same result as my original post.
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2007, 09:03:15 PM »
XADMIN:

Hello,
I have the same problem. Can you tell me how to solve...
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2007, 05:44:11 PM »
Got pretty far along with the indexing of pages by running from the SSH command line, then the script stopped and now when I try to run it I get:

FATAL:  erealloc():  Unable to allocate 79691776 bytes

What should I do?
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2007, 08:17:58 PM »
Also, Is there a setting from the command line that allows the script to continue running if I close my SSH connection?
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2007, 09:36:03 PM »
Hello,

please also increase the memory_limit setting in php configuration.
Also, Is there a setting from the command line that allows the script to continue running if I close my SSH connection?
Usually you can append "&" to the command line for that, although that may not work in some cases:
Code: [Select]
/usr/bin/php /path/generator/runcrawl.php &
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2007, 01:43:36 AM »
I had it up to 1024MB.

It looks like when I limited the number of pages it was able to create the html sitemap pages, but now I'm getting this error when it tries to create the xml sitemap file:

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/ihsrea5/publ
ic_html/generator/pages/class.xml-creator.inc.php(2) : eval()'d code on line 154

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/ihsrea5/publ
ic_html/generator/pages/class.xml-creator.inc.php(2) : eval()'d code on line 165

ic_html/generator/pages/class.xml-creator.inc.php(2) : eval()'d code on line 175

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/ihsrea5/publ
ic_html/generator/pages/class.xml-creator.inc.php(2) : eval()'d code on line 176
<br>Creating HTML sitemap...<script>
top.location = 'index.php?op=view'
</script>
« Last Edit: August 29, 2007, 01:50:36 AM by support49 »
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2007, 02:42:30 PM »
I've noticed that the configuration says that the sitemap.xml file is not writeable even though its currently set at 777

should the "Current path to Sitemap generator is:" be set to include the 'sitemap.xml' file name with the path or just contain the path. I've tried both ways but still get the error message on the configuration page.