Run, Stop, ChngConfig, Run
« on: December 04, 2007, 02:01:32 AM »
Hi,

1. If I run (thru command line), stop (by just cancelling the command), change the config specifically where the sitemaps shall be saved, then run again: will the new config be used even if I just continued the session?

2. I was trying to save the sitemap from Server B (the unlimitd gen app is in this server) initially to a mapped drive (T:\sitemap.xml) - the drive is mapped to a folder in another server Server A. But the unlimited gen app said the file is not writeable. Werd thing is that thru Windows Explorer in Server B, I am able to write to T:\sitemap.xml thus meaning that permission is allowed. Pls. advise what could possible be wrong here.

Also, I noticed the ff errors under View Sitemap when I visited the UI after the scrpt completed (and wasnt able to write to the mapped drive):

Warning: file(C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\xmlsitemapTA/data/sitemap.xml) [function.file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\xmlsitemapTA\pages\class.utils.inc.php(2) : eval()'d code on line 23
Warning: implode() [function.implode]: Bad arguments. in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\xmlsitemapTA\pages\class.utils.inc.php(2) : eval()'d code on line 23

Thanks.
Re: Run, Stop, ChngConfig, Run
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 12:12:07 AM »
Hello,

1. *new* config file is used if you stop and re-execute sitemap generator. It does not affect the URLs that are already indexed though, i.e. if you have excluded them in new config but they were crawled before, they will still be *included* in sitemap.

2. the permissions used by a "logged in user" are not the same as permissions granted for the "user running the script on webserver level". You will have to allow write access to "web user" or to "everyone".

3. it tries to read sitemap but fails to do that in case if it wasn't able to write it due to permissions error.