XML Sitemaps Generator

Author Topic: multiple links to same page  (Read 18466 times)

• Approved member
multiple links to same page
« on: January 13, 2008, 06:14:19 PM »
In a property booking system I have a table with property names as the columns and week numbers as the rows.
Each of the table entries is a link which displays the price for that property/week combination. Clicking on any link forwards to a single page displaying more details and allowing a bookingto be made. The links differ only in the query string (e.g. "mydetailspage.aspx?property=1,week=25"). Of course, when the site map is generated there are several hundred entries generated reflecting the query strings. Is it good practice to submit this site map or should I edit out the majority of similar links leaving a representative sample?
A further complication arises when a property is booked, the link then disappears; this typically happens many times a day, so should I regenerate the map at this frequency?

Thanks in advance!

XML-Sitemaps Support

• Administrator
Re: multiple links to same page
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2008, 11:45:09 PM »

basically, if all of those pages are valuable, you'd like to get them indexed in search engines and visitors are likely to search for them, you should include them in sitemap.
Oleg Ignatiuk
Send me a Private Message

For maximum exposure and traffic for your web site check out our additional SEO Services.

• Approved member
Re: multiple links to same page
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 08:27:12 AM »
Thank you.
On reflection the pages in question are unlikely to be subject to search.

SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines