Bug: Sitemap generator does not follow redirects.
« on: June 16, 2008, 10:55:06 PM »
The XML Sitemap Generator I have installed will not crawl pages with Apache redirects. Two of the largest sections of my site rely on such redirects.

To recreate, try mapping

[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]
[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

If you visit these URLs in the browser, you will see that they point to [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] and [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] respectively.

Why won't the script honor this? I do not think it is an installation issue because the free sitemap generator will not follow these URLs either. Is there a known workaround for this limitation, or any plans to fix it?
Re: Bug: Sitemap generator does not follow redirects.
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2008, 10:07:52 PM »
Hello,

sitemap generator IS able to follow 30x redirects, but in your case the landing URL resides on a different domain (forums.domain.com vs www.domain.com) and it cannot be included in the same sitemap as per sitemaps protocol (otherwise google won't accept the sitemap). I'd recommend to create a separate sitemap for your forums subdomain.
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 02:52:44 PM »
Okay. What about the wiki? It actually uses an Apache alias.
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 03:05:19 PM »
Okay. What about the wiki? It actually uses an Apache alias.

I've just noticed that [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] can be mapped by the free sitemap generator but not the standalone one.
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2008, 02:42:42 PM »
No, crawling /forexpedia/Main_Page does not work.
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2008, 06:29:19 PM »
I am getting the following error when I crawl /forexpedia/ with default settings:
ed: 0<br>Creating HTML sitemap...PHP Warning:  ksort() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in /var/www/vhosts/babypips/trunk/public_html/generator/pages/class.html-creator.inc.php(2) : eval()'d code on line 51

Warning: ksort() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in /var/www/vhosts/babypips/trunk/public_html/generator/pages/class.html-creator.inc.php(2) : eval()'d code on line 51
PHP Warning:  Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/vhosts/babypips/trunk/public_html/generator/pages/class.html-creator.inc.php(2) : eval()'d code on line 53

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/vhosts/babypips/trunk/public_html/generator/pages/class.html-creator.inc.php(2) : eval()'d code on line 53