Suggestion: Priority Setting
« on: July 08, 2006, 08:50:44 PM »
For a future version it would be nice if it could be made possible to set the priority setting so that pages at different levels of the site were designated with different priorities.  Ideally, a simple way to select the priority for any page would be nice, but realistically, just being able to tell the program that Level 1 pages = Priority 1 and Level 2 pages = priority .75, and Level 5 pages = priority .25 (or whatever settings one might choose), and so on, would be very helpful.

As it is, one really needs to choose  a single priority for all pages or go through the resulting sitemap line-by-line, and neither option is truly realistic for a large site.

Just a thought,

-Danny.
- Danny

Re: Suggestion: Priority Setting
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2006, 10:04:29 PM »
Hello Danny,

currently you are able to specify priority for every file or files set using "Individual attributes" option. :)
Re: Suggestion: Priority Setting
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2006, 11:43:15 PM »
currently you are able to specify priority for every file or files set using "Individual attributes" option. :)

Agreed, but while the existing mechanism is useful, it is a lot more cumbersome to use than what I was thinking of.  I am making use of what you've provided - it makes it reasonably easy to assign a level to all files that are ".shtml" for example, which is most of my level 1 files.

-Danny.
- Danny