XML Sitemaps Generator

Author Topic: Suggestion - New Service: Subscription to an Unlimited Online Sitemaps Generator  (Read 22542 times)

• Registered Customer
  • Approved member
I use both the free online generator and PHP script regularly (and have done so for quite a while) and am generally happy with both, except that 500 pages with the free generator often don't cut it, and it becomes a major pain to install, configure and upgrade the paid script if you run more than a few sites. In addition you have to keep a constant eye out for memory, bandwidth and disk size issues.

So I, for one, would be willing to pay a reasonable monthly subscription for an online service such as the free generator, just with all the features of the script version and a scheduling function. That way I won't have to worry about any of the possible memory, bandwidth and disk size issues mentioned, nor upgrading, and can simply concentrate on scheduling sitemap generation.

I understand that there would technical challenges such as being able to update the sitemap files on a remote computer, and you may need to implement size/frequency limitations to deter abuse. (Maybe a subscription sliding scale according to the number of pages, etc.?) But I still feel such a service has its appeal.

Alternatively, institute a subscription or pay-per-use for the free online generator that allows more pages to be generated and downloaded.

Just my 2 cents! :)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2006, 11:19:18 PM by kokopelli »

XML-Sitemaps Support

• Administrator

thank you for suggestions! :)
Actually, we considered this service before and it might be introduced at some point, but we are concerned with possible technical issues while generating sitemaps for large sites at the moment.
Oleg Ignatiuk
Send me a Private Message

For maximum exposure and traffic for your web site check out our additional SEO Services.

SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines