SItemap Gen and Friendly URL's on ViArt Shop Cart
« on: March 24, 2010, 04:15:48 AM »
I've used version 2.7 on a IIS hosting ViArt with Friendly URL's since my intitial purchase with great success...
Unfortunately, my Host Provider decided to upgrade without any notice or information, and now I'm dead in the water...
I have installed ver 3.0 and it is functional... it just can't see anything beyond the home page other than broken links...

Here's the issue, Viart Shop is php, pretty much 97% open source... To get the friendly URL function, it relies on script in the 404 page. When a friendly URL is requested, the script in the 404 returns the page with the friendly URL and .html extension... Like I said earlier. it worked fine until the OS was upgraded. the Friendly URL function works, or my whole site would be nothing but broken links, Googlebot manages to see the returns, and the shop still functions as it should. Only the XML Sitemap Generator is having issues. I've tried adjusting the settings to lower processor usage, to give the server time to respond to the requests, but to no avail...

the response from my provider is:
"I don't recall the setup being any different previously, but the server may be reacting differently now because of the version change (IIS6 on a Windows 2003 server vs. IIS7 on a Windows 2008 server)."

the generator does log URL's it sees from the index that it doesn't have to parse (going 1 level deep), but as soon as it is set to go 2 levels deep, it sees nothing but broken links from these very same URL's...

What do I need to do here?
thanx