Mapping tool missing many pages
« on: July 11, 2011, 05:58:30 PM »
I finally got the tool to work on my hosting company server.  The tool runs and completes, but there are many pages missing pages that are directly linked to the home page.  Each of the pages have many dynamic pages linked to them.  Odd thing is from the nav list that the initial pages are missing, it actually picks up about 9 of about 35 or so pages, and of the 9 it does pick up and lists the dynamic pages for each of those 9.  I need some help figuring out why it is missing those other pages please?  Is there a setting I am not understanding that might cause this problem?
Re: Mapping tool missing many pages
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 02:18:33 PM »

could you please PM me your generator URL and an example URL that is not included in sitemap and how it can be reached starting from homepage?
Re: Mapping tool missing many pages
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 07:23:39 AM »
Did you get the URL information ok?  I didnt see any activity on the files for the tool.
Re: Mapping tool missing many pages
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2011, 04:16:53 PM »
I am sorry, I do not know how I got the different link structures, but it is my fault.  However all links are internal relative links, so what ever is used will be used throughout.  The [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] and Http:// was my typing error only.  Not actual site links.  but either will work, because all links site wide are relative to the domain.  if you had looked at the config you would have seen that all refferences are set to http://.  I just re-ran the application and the problem still exists
Re: Mapping tool missing many pages
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2011, 08:09:06 PM »
Hmmm we were working at the same time.  I changed it back to http:// because it did not work with www.  But I did find the problem.  It was relative to the WWW issue.  I had some wrong link addressing in an xml file which actually runs the link structure of certain links on the site.  Doing a local site wide search for the www in my links revealed it.  I thank you for the heads up, other wise I may not have found it.  I changed the nav xml file as well as all internal xml files that drive the site, that had incorrect linking structure using www back to http:// and reuploaded the site,  it works fine now.  Took 1:21 to build the map with 1200 plus pages including dynamic links  :) :) :D ;D