OK. I have my own Windows server (iis 6) with php 5.3.6 installed, not a shared account. I have used remote desktop and IIS manager, set all the permissions, created the blank files in the /data folder and in the root.
1. The script will write to the sitemap.xml file in the /data folder, but says it can't (after it finishes running)
2. Never writes to the sitemap.xml file in the root
3. Never writes to the sitemap.html file in either the root or /data folders (says it can't (permissions))
4. Always writes a crawl dump.log file, a file that starts with sess_* and a dated .log file just fine. If it can write these files, it should be able to write the others just fine.
5. wants to put a "." in front of the html sitemap when you open "view sitemap" tab in the index.php screen (eg < .[external links are visible to admins only] >)
6. The .xml sitemap file is fine when viewed in this tab but see #1 above
Q: Why do you always put "PM me" in the forums for us windows users looking for answers? the forum is no help at all.
A: I am beginning to think this script just doesn't work properly on Windows servers.
After 15 years of working with windows servers, this script makes me feel like a newbie. Why can't you get someone with Windows server knowledge to write a install guide for the windows servers?