XML Sitemaps Generator

Author Topic: Can't exclude urls  (Read 29045 times)

lagunacat

• Registered Customer
  • Approved member
Can't exclude urls
« on: December 13, 2006, 05:05:56 AM »
I have added ext. to my Exclude URLs: box but they are still being crawled and added to my sitemap.html and urlstxt files.

I have tried different ways ie. blah.html, /blah.html , but still won't exclude.

also getting alot of urls like these in both of these files
[external links are visible to admins only]

XML-Sitemaps Support

• Administrator
Re: Can't exclude urls
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2006, 10:49:11 PM »
Hello,

in order to exclude http://www.xxxxxxxxx.com/?this=XX URLs, you should add this in bot "Do not parse" and "Exclude URLs":

Code: [Select]
this=
Oleg Ignatiuk
www.xml-sitemaps.com
Send me a Private Message

For maximum exposure and traffic for your web site check out our additional SEO Services.

lagunacat

• Registered Customer
  • Approved member
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2006, 01:26:33 AM »
Ok thanks for the help on excluding these type of links - [external links are visible to admins only].

What about the first part of my question, excluding normal links that end in html?

Like this link - blah.html. I have put this in the exclude box in many different ways, ie:

blah.html
/blah.html
folder/blah.html

Anyway I put it it still ends being crawled and placed in the sitemap.

lagunacat

• Registered Customer
  • Approved member
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2006, 05:21:27 PM »
Ok I have added this link - [external links are visible to admins only] - to the Do not Parse  and Exclude Urls bot and it is still being added to my sitemap. I have tried many configurations like;
/?this=1
?this=1
/?this=
?this=

They are not excluded

There are 46 of these numbered sequentially. I don't even know what these links are, they don't exist on my web site.

XML-Sitemaps Support

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2006, 11:05:10 PM »
Like this link - blah.html. I have put this in the exclude box in many different ways, ie:

blah.html
Use this exclusion string:
.html
Ok I have added this link - http://www.xxxxxxxxx.com/?this=1 - to the Do not Parse  and Exclude Urls bot and it is still being added to my sitemap. I have tried many configurations like;
You should add the following for that:
this=1
Oleg Ignatiuk
www.xml-sitemaps.com

For maximum exposure and traffic for your web site check out our additional SEO Services.

lagunacat

• Registered Customer
  • Approved member
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2006, 06:48:03 PM »

Use this exclusion string:
Code: [external links are visible to admins only]
.html
That isn't a solution. if I add that then all my links ending in .html are excluded. I only want to exclude certain links.

Ok I have added this link - [external links are visible to admins only] - to the Do not Parse  and Exclude Urls bot and it is still being added to my sitemap. I have tried many configurations like;
You should add the following for that:
Code: [external links are visible to admins only]
this=1[/quote]

This solution didn't work either. What are these links? ( this=1, this=2. etc ). Like I said they don't exist in my website and are being generated by the Sitemap Generator.

XML-Sitemaps Support

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2006, 07:36:04 PM »
This solution didn't work either. What are these links? ( this=1, this=2. etc ). Like I said they don't exist in my website and are being generated by the Sitemap Generator.
Sitemap Generator doesn't create ANY links at your website, it only finds existing ones.
Oleg Ignatiuk
www.xml-sitemaps.com

SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines
XHTML RSS WAP2