Video addon doesn't find any of the video on my site
« on: July 21, 2013, 01:39:22 PM »
I uploaded the new files but don't seem to be able to get the generator to include any of the video files on the site. There are 11 videos in mp4 and flv format, an example being [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] . I wondered if it is because the video is embedded, and you actually have to press the play button to access the video, although each video also has a direct link to the file below the player. [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

Any help as to why the generator isn't picking up on the video, and how to rectify the problem would be much appreciated.

The new generator with video is @ [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

Below are the results of the output from both: pretty much identical, with or without video enabled on the configuration tab.

Original generator: @ [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]
Created on:
21 July 2013, 09:29
Processing time:
0:00:55s
Pages indexed:
Download:
XML sitemap
In text format
HTML sitemap

Images sitemap
70 images

New generator With video addon: [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]
Created on:
21 July 2013, 09:33
Processing time:
0:00:58s
Pages indexed:
Download:
XML sitemap
In text format
HTML sitemap

Images sitemap
70 images
Video sitemap
0 videos

New generator With video addon: [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] with flv & mp4 removed from exclusion list.
Created on:
21 July 2013, 09:38
Processing time:
0:01:10s
Pages indexed:
Download:
XML sitemap
In text format
HTML sitemap

Images sitemap
70 images
Video sitemap
0 videos
Re: Video addon doesn't find any of the video on my site
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 05:37:57 PM »
Just received this reply by email:

Note that only videos from this sources can be detected by sitemap generator bot:
https://www.xml-sitemaps.com/video-sitemap.html
YouTube, Google Video, Vimeo, Dailymotion, MTV

(since they provide API that allow to get video details like play duration/thumbnail etc)

So, anyone wanting to buy the video add on should be aware that it wont include video hosted your own server in your site map.
Not sure why it is made that way, as videos are just another file and have a URL just like anything else, and can be included in a site map regardless of video details like play duration/thumbnail etc.
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2013, 06:32:59 AM »
Hello,

additionally to listed video sources, you can use VideoObject Schema markup to manually specify your video details: http://googlewebmastercentral.blogspot.nl/2012/02/using-schemaorg-markup-for-videos.html
Sitemap generator will pick those and include in sitemap.
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2014, 05:55:44 PM »
Just bought the video sitemap extension and pretty disappointed with this particular shortcoming. It strikes me that supporting directly embedded video markup would be one of the first things to do. Granted you can't include description, or possibly even a title, but at least detect there is an object, embed, of video tag and grab that. Better than missing half my videos (and my most important ones at that since they are exclusive content) entirely.
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2014, 11:02:22 AM »
Hello,

generator can include local videos in sitemap, but they must be marked up as VideoObject Schema as mentioned above.
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2014, 02:42:24 AM »
I understand. Just suggesting you add support for embedded videos that don't use semantic markup.
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2014, 08:47:01 AM »
Hi Oleg,

now I have several embedded YouTube videos with schema.org markup. But the video sitemap tool doesn't find/list them anyway. For example, see here: [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] (at the bottom of the page).

My empty video sitemap is here: [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

By the way, to generate the markup I have used this tool: [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

What can I do the get the videos listed in the video sitemap?

Kind greetings
Marcel
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2014, 10:29:18 AM »
Problem solved!

The configuration file was read-only. Thus the configuration to create a video sitemap was not saved.
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2014, 07:43:48 AM »
Just realized that our schema.org marked videos are not being captured. What are the minimum requirements for xml-sitemaps to include such videos? Currently google's Structured Data testing tool sees Name, Upload Date, Thumbnail URL, and Description.
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2014, 07:15:16 PM »
Thanks.
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2020, 08:52:58 PM »
Hello,

is the information on the minimum required information for a VideoObject still correct?
I am providing this information but the video is still not included in the video sitemap.
Google Structured Data Testing Tool seems to be happy with the information provided...

Thanks in advance for the update on this topic.
Andreas
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2020, 04:13:28 AM »
Hello Oleg,
this would be an example page:
[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]
Thanks for looking into this!
Andreas