Number/string sort in HTML sitemap.
« on: January 07, 2018, 10:45:41 AM »
Hello, I have around 200 pages on my site, the product pages are numbered from WP01 through to WP164.

For the HTML sitemap I have alphabetical (asc) selected. The problem is the way in which it handles numbers, so as an example it will sort WP01 through to WP11 then it jumps to WP110 through to WP119 and then the next line is WP12.

This is known as lexicographic sorting, the sort is treating each item as a string without using numeric sorting. How can I change this behaviour so that it sorts numerically?

Many thanks,

Brian
Re: Number/string sort in HTML sitemap.
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2018, 09:17:31 AM »
Ok if the numeric sort cannot be done I guess I am stuck with it but there are other problems as well.

At least two pages are not being picked up even though they can be found by standard links on the site. I have even tried adding them directly under "Narrow Indexed Pages Set" in the "add directly in sitemap" but they still do not appear in the sitemap!!

Unless you can give me a way to solve this problem I am going to have to ask for a refund as the software is just too unpredictable.

Regards,

Brian
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2018, 07:10:45 AM »
Hello,

please PM me your generator URL and an example URL that is not included in sitemap and how it can be reached starting from homepage.
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2018, 05:55:52 AM »
Hello,

Exclude URLs setting in your generator configuration includes word "tell"  and it matches "wp10-a-clotelle-violin.html" URL.
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2018, 10:37:13 AM »
Thanks Oleg,

Much appreciated. I had not realised the exclude URLs snippets could apply to anywhere in the URL rather than just at the end.

Regards,

Brian