Error 524
« on: February 23, 2018, 10:37:02 AM »
Hello,

I have purchased Unlimited PHP Sitemap Generator but I get a timeout Error 524 when about 30 seconds after running the crawling. I am using https and Cloudflare, although I don't think the problem comes from Cloudflare. It says that the timeout comes from the host. What can I do?
Re: Error 524
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2018, 05:13:39 PM »
Hello,

it looks like your server configuration doesn't allow to run the script long enough to create full sitemap. Please try to increase memory_limit and max_execution_time settings in php configuration at your host (php.ini file) or contact hosting support regarding this.

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2018, 07:35:25 PM »
Thank you for your reply. The max_execution_time is set on 300. I changed it to 3000, but the whole /generator/ folder is stuck on timeout, even after refreshing the page and clearing the cache. I deleted the directory and re-uploaded everything. I tried again with the new PHP settings, but I got the same error again. What can I do?
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2018, 05:09:59 AM »
Hello,  in this case I would recommend to run generator in command line if you have ssh access to your server.
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2018, 06:24:38 AM »
Thank you for your reply.

How exactly can I run generator in command line? I haven't found the info in the documentation.

If I do that, it means that I have to run it manually every time. However there are daily updates on my site, so I would need to set some sort of automated crawling daily to update the sitemap.
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2018, 04:55:31 PM »
Hello,

the command line to run is shown on the Crawling page of sitemap generator, you need to contact your hosting support to find out SSH login details.

You need to run generator without command line if you want to update sitemap as well.