Sitemap created prematurely
« on: May 21, 2018, 02:20:33 PM »
I have a site with over 3,000 pages. In the previous version of xml-sitemap generator an error message came up every few hundred pages and I then had to continue crawling from the saved run until all the pages were crawled and the sitemap was completed. In the new version, I get the same error message and again continue saving from the saved run, but at about 400+ pages the sitemap is declared completed, and the partial sitemap appears on my server as though it is complete. What do I do? And if nothing works, is it possible to go back to the old version of the generator?
Re: Sitemap created prematurely
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2018, 06:04:42 PM »
Hello,

it looks like your server configuration doesn't allow to run the script long enough to create full sitemap. Please try to increase memory_limit and max_execution_time settings in php configuration at your host (php.ini file) or contact hosting support regarding this.

Yes, you can upload old version (or install in a different folder)if needed.
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2018, 02:00:23 AM »
It couldn't be my server configuration because just a week ago I created a full sitemap with the old version of generator. Yes, I had to run it again and again after each error message, each time picking up from where I left off, but at least the generator continued until the sitemap was complete. It's only with the new version that I have the problem of an incomplete sitemap. So the cause is somewhere in the new version, or in the interface between the new version and my server. But I guess the easiest thing is just to delete the new version and re-download the old version. Can you tell me where I can get that? The new version has replaced the old one.
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2018, 04:48:30 AM »
Hello,

please let me know your generator URL/login in private message to check this.
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2018, 11:56:50 AM »
I tried to send you a private message but got back the following error message:

Unable to find member 'oleg ignatiuk'.

I clicked on Send a Private Message and got taken to a page where the To: box was blank, and under it was the support URL. So I pasted your name into the To: box. Am I doing this wrong?
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2018, 06:51:56 PM »
I clicked on the link, but the To: box was still blank. I pasted in your name and got the same error message.
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2018, 06:55:23 PM »
BTW, just for fun I tried to free online sitemap generator, which I used to use regularly until I occasionally went beyond the limits on any particular day. It used to work without any problems as long as I was under the limit. But today it "completed" the sitemap when it was only about 1/10 through my site.
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2018, 09:31:03 PM »
OK. Message went through.
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2018, 06:41:44 AM »
Hello? Can you answer my question? Can you do anything for me?
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2018, 05:51:37 PM »
If you would just let me know how to get the old version back, perhaps my problem will be solved.
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2018, 08:50:45 AM »
A reply to your PM has been sent on May 23. I've now also sent you the link to download previous version of sitemap generator, please check your PM inbox.