Recently blocked from server
« on: June 01, 2018, 03:35:17 PM »
I have used the Sitemap Generator for 2 years now with no problems at all. It just works!
I was generating a sitemap for the site [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] without error until recently.  We are in the process of locking down our web servers, and now I am getting the common error when trying to build a sitemap:

There was an error while retrieving the URL specified: [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]
   HTTP Code:

HTTP headers:
   x_csize: 0

HTTP output:

I can still run the generator from a web server on my desktop, but not from the web server (MV01) I was using before.  I have run the test script:

$initurl = '[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]';

$ch = curl_init();
   curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL, $initurl);
   curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_HEADER, 1);
   curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_VERBOSE, 1);
   curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, FALSE);

$fdata = curl_exec($ch);
   curl_close($ch);
   print_r($fdata);

On my local machine the script runs correctly, but when I run it from the other (MV01) server, I get a blank screen.  I have tested a sitemap of a clear text web, and the Generator (and test page) work correctly.  What do I need to do next?

The sitemap generator is internal only, and the website I am mapping is in the DMZ accessible externally.
Re: Recently blocked from server
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2018, 04:45:13 AM »
Hello,

Probably there is a configuration problem - it looks like your server doesn't allow local network connections via port 443 (https) - as a result sitemap generator is not able to crawl the site. This is usually related to firewall installed at the host - could you please contact your hosting support regarding this?