Delayed web cron
« on: February 21, 2020, 01:08:10 AM »
Hello, I would like to be able to delay the web cron so that it runs for example 5 minutes after being invoked.

Actually i use : [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

Maybe something like : [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

5 for 5 minutes ?

In my case I am on a shared server (and therefore I use web cron). Scripts can be active only 50-60 seconds. The script which calls Unlimited PHP Sitemap Generator, finished working then uses web cron. The concern is that the file must be indexed but is not yet written before triggering. Is there a method to overcome this problem?

Thank you
Re: Delayed web cron
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2020, 09:31:07 AM »
Hello,

you can specify "Maximum running time" in generator configuration to limit that.
"resume=" parameter doesn't affect running time.
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2020, 01:04:12 PM »
Thanks for the reply Oleg.
In fact your script is very fast I do not need to limit its execution time but to delay its departure once called by the web cron.

I don't know how to do it, 1 min would be enough.
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2020, 04:14:17 PM »
Too bad I bought the script just for that, it seemed obvious to me that this option exists for shared servers. Do you think this can be added?
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2020, 05:52:18 PM »
Yes would be ideal but I can't let the script run on the shared server it will be cut by the host before I have finished. I tried a sleep but between the end of my script and the departure of Unlimited Sitemap, the file writing takes a few tens of seconds before being accessible. I am stuck