Only Root being listed, no sub folders
« on: January 30, 2008, 09:29:36 PM »
I have tried several times with www. and without and cannot get any folder content in my list? the web is [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ], I have 9 folders with 12 pages in each that i need in my site map.
thanks in advance
Re: Only Root being listed, no sub folders
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 10:51:50 PM »
Hello,

make sure that those links can be found by sitemap generator by "browsing" your site, starting from homepage (i.e., there should be a "links path" to find those pages).
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2008, 03:47:34 PM »
I thought that i could do this with out having links, that the spider would search down through the folders? the purpose of doing this is so I dont have to do links to 200 pages that are designed strickly for seo. guess I'm wrong, no way to do this with out building the links?
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2008, 09:39:12 PM »
Hello,

it's not necessary to have links to all pages right on homepage, but it's required to have the link at least somewhere on your site. Sitemap Generator crawls your site similar to normal visitor instead of reading folders on your host, since that is the only way to correctly index dynamic websites.
Also, it's highly suggested to have html links to those pages to improve search engines crawling anyway.