How long must I wait?
« on: May 02, 2008, 01:00:35 PM »
After starting the crawling, several  hours ago, I got this message almost instantly

Links depth: 3
Current page: karldenstore/399.htm
Pages added to sitemap: 1167
Pages scanned: 1180 (7,268.2 Kb)
Pages left: 2345 (+ 1737 queued for the next depth level)
Time passed: 0:25
Time left: 0:49
Memory usage: -

/Lars
Re: How long must I wait?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2008, 10:41:24 PM »
Hello,

it looks like your server configuration doesn't allow to run the script long enough to create full sitemap. Please try to increase memory_limit and max_execution_time settings in php configuration at your host (php.ini file) or contact hosting support regarding this.
How long must I wait?
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2008, 09:40:12 AM »
I am not able, on a shared server, to do this modifications required. 
« Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 09:33:23 PM by admin »
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2008, 08:16:27 AM »
My url is [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] but I doubt you can do anything.
I already paid you  $10 for installation assistance  and I got this reply
Hello ,

thank you for purchase!
Sitemap Generator has been installed for you at:
[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

Sitemaps were generated successfully:

But i cannot find all my 4930 pages in above created [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] and it is only half the size compared to an sitemap.xml  created by an other vendor so it seems that you cannot create a complete sitemap either. ( Have already replaced the sitemap.xml you put in)

From my webhost , web.com, I got this reply.

"Thank you for contacting Web.com Technical Support regarding the issue you want to increase the memory_limit and max_execution_time. I apologize for the inconvenience this issue may have caused you.

With regards to this issue, we would like to inform you that since you are under shared server there is no way that we can set into a higher memory_limit and max_execution_time it is because it is already set into the maximum default " memory_limit and max_execution_time" on the server.

If you really want to have a higher memory_limit and max_execution_time then you can upgrade you account to a dedicated server."

This will more than double my price with Web.com so this is not a solution

You better inform in you website that your script is not running on a shared server. It will spare a lot of frustrations to your prospective customers

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2008, 02:44:04 PM »
Hello,
But i cannot find all my 4930 pages in above created http://www.ekdahl.org/sitemap.xml [external links are visible to admins only] and it is only half the size compared to an sitemap.xml  created by an other vendor so it seems that you cannot create a complete sitemap either. ( Have already replaced the sitemap.xml you put in)
if that is the case, please provide me with an example URL that is not included in sitemap and how it can be reached from homepage.
You better inform in you website that your script is not running on a shared server. It will spare a lot of frustrations to your prospective customers
Sitemap Generator *does* work in a shared hosting environment, as it does in your case. Please refrain to post incorrect information on the public forum.
Thank you for the follow-up.
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2008, 04:26:34 PM »
You state above
Sitemap Generator *does* work in a shared hosting environment, as it does in your case. Please refrain to post incorrect information on the public forum.
Thank you for the follow-up.

I started i new crawling and it stops again and give following message

Links depth: 3
Current page: karldenstore/2729.htm
Pages added to sitemap: 2032
Pages scanned: 2040 (4,668.7 Kb)
Pages left: 1413 (+ 448 queued for the next depth level)
Time passed: 0:26
Time left: 0:18
Memory usage:
-

So it does not work on my shared server nor on some other peoples in this forum as I can read.

So I replace now  the generated sitemap fils with above 2032 with one with 4930 pages

« Last Edit: May 04, 2008, 11:23:50 PM by admin »
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2008, 11:22:49 PM »
As I've already mentioned above, please provide me (via private message) with an example URL that is not included in sitemap and how it can be reached from homepage.
Thank you.