Only Main Page Indexed
« on: November 13, 2008, 04:23:30 AM »
Hi...I've looked up the other discussions on this subject, but nothing I try seems to work. Whenever I try to generate a sitemap for my site [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] all I get is one page indexed. Any idea on what is going wrong? Many thanks.
Re: Only Main Page Indexed
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2008, 11:01:25 AM »
Hello,

you should submit your website URL without www in domain name as Starting URL.
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2008, 11:06:41 AM »
Hi...Thanks!...That is weird. Last time I tried that it didn't work but now it does. Thanks again for the quick response.

ramasaig

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2008, 08:15:33 AM »
I'm having the same problem (only index page is mapped).  But the URL doesn't have 'www', so I can't omit it.
The URL I'm using is direct to the host's server, as I'm waiting for domain name transfer and name server changes to take place.  It is:
[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

The index file is 'index.php' and all the links in it are in an included file.  Does this make a difference ?  I would hope not, as the crawler should 'see' the file as served ?

Regards,
Tim Dawson
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2008, 11:00:03 PM »
Hello,

you have extra space characters in your <base> tag definition in html code:
<base href = "..." />
try to replace it with:
<base href="..." />
(i.e. remove spaces around "=")

ramasaig

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2008, 11:38:26 PM »
Thank you.  It's working now.

Regards,

Tim Dawson
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2009, 04:28:42 AM »
Hello,

I'm having the same problem.  My domain is [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] and I've tried it with both the www and without and I only get the single homepage.  No other pages are listed.  I'm now confused as to what the crawler is looking for.  The index.htm file links to two other pages which then link to others.  There are also other htm files in the root directory which link to a number of other pages in the domain but the end result is not what I expected.  It's probably something very simple that I'm missing but the brain cloud is growing.

Thanks.
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2009, 10:35:42 PM »
Hello,

Your html pages are stored in Unicode format, you should resave them as regular non-unicode files and reupload.
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2009, 02:47:15 AM »
Thanks!  That certainly made a difference.  Question though, which shows how little I know such things as UTF-8 and USC-2 *.Indian, what will happen when a Thai language character (ไข่กะทะ) is encountered?   It seems that it quits reading that page.  Moving too quickly here but it looks like pages with Thai language characters in the KEYWORDS don't have the page title displayed in the listing, just the URL.  Does that sound right?  I'll look at it some more but it looks like that is happening. 

Perhaps not your bailiwick, but though the pages are in English, but about Thailand, I'm trying to get bots to pick up a few Thai words so those surfing/searching in Thai will see those pages listed. 

Thanks again for the nice program and the quick response.

Regards
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2009, 03:38:11 AM »
Sorry, pretty much answered my own question--the Thai script seems to have nothing to do with it, I just hadn't converted all the files.

Thanks again.
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2009, 12:52:14 AM »
I have the same problem, only one page is being indexed. venetianbay.org
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2009, 09:21:36 PM »
You have all your links defined in javascript code. You should move them to html so that they can be crawled.
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2009, 10:53:18 PM »
I'm having the same problem... only the home page is being indexed.  I don't have www in the URL.  What am i missing?